Peter Sheridan is a highly respected trainer & change management consultant with extensive experience in delivering engaging training programmes and consultancy to private companies, charities and the public sector. With over 25 years business experience he brings a real-life practical experience to his subject areas – leadership, management, change management, emotional intelligence (& related soft-skills) and project management. He holds qualifications in Change Management (APMG), Coaching (AOEC), Teaching English as a Foreign Language (CELTA) and NLP.
Delegates find his training style highly interactive, allowing them to explore their perspectives and find their own light-bulb moments. He brings an energy and enthusiasm into the training room and am often invited back by organisations to extend the training/interventions to further develop their teams.
Peter’s early career was in Information Technology working initially in IT consultancies focused on Financial Services and Asset Management. As his career developed he moved into a front line role, managing a business unit at HSBC Investment Bank. In 2005, as a director at Plus Markets Group, he was instrumental in setting up a new stock exchange focused on smaller companies and start-ups.
In parallel with his financial services career and with his wife (artist and interior designer Ruth Canning) he setup an interior design and retail business, Canning + Sheridan Interiors, in 2003. This business concentrated on designing high-end private residences and retailing contemporary Italian furniture and lighting through their store in Kensington, Central London.
It was through working with international design clients and manufacturers that Peter became interested in communications and training. He has been the project management course tutor at the world renowned Inchbald School of Interior Design since 2008. Peter now works full-time on his consulting and coaching career. He is the author of “The English Interview Question & Answer Book” a guide to doing interviews for non-native English speakers.
Current & previous clients
During my consultant career I have worked with a wide range of clients helping develop their leadership & management skills, implementing change, business strategy, performance and general training. Roles include:-
- Working on a major management & leadership programme for 50 managers at a financial services company.
- Help develop a centre of technical excellence within a third sector organisation
- Worked as an Associate trainer at The Centre for Strategy & Communication. Open and in-house course consultant & trainer working with clients delivering include a wide range of programmes covering management & leadership, project management, soft skills and finance & budgeting.
- Training international executives and business owners to develop confident communication skills and business skills in English. Clients include senior executives from Eurodisney, Publicis, Doppelmayr and business owners/entrepreneurs.
- Coaching and training executives at a wide range of organisations including – Cambridge Consultants, Google, Microsoft, Benetton, Sumitomo, NEC, Pokerstars, Fujitsu, The United Nations, Goodyear, NSPCC and Street Child United.
- Business advisor at East London Business Place and Barking Enterprise Centre providing support and training to SME’s and start-ups.