I am good at my job. How hard is this to say out loud? Acknowledging that you are good at something can be difficult – what if people disagree with you, what if you are wrong, what if they laugh at you?
I was working with a client recently who was clearly a very talented and dedicated individual. Without question they were good at their job. When I mentioned this in passing they were extremely reluctant to acknowledge the truth despite all the evidence. This got me thinking that despite all the evidence to the contrary people often lack confidence.
So what is the evidence that you are good at your job?
The signs of being good at your job are easy to see, you just need to look for them. Here are a few:-
- Your team respect you and work hard for you if you are a manager
- Your boss respects your opinion even if they disagree or override your views
- You get a good appraisal
- You have been promoted
- Your clients give you good feedback and come back for more
- Your peers respect you
- You got a pay rise recently
- You are happy at work (happy people are good at their jobs)
These are all simple things but each one is a vote to say